I have no doubt there’ll be plenty more to be said about today’s Mayor’s Question Time – Boris’s first – but I just wanted to point out the one indisputable lie I’ve seen that he came out with during proceedings, as shown on BBC London today.
In some sort of context at least loosely related to the Sunday Mirror’s exposé of Boris’s red light-jumping on his bike, he said:
Anyone who takes the trouble to pursue me on my bicycle will discover that I’m a punctilious obeyer of traffic lights
Since that has clearly been shown to be false by the Mirror having done exactly that, I find it rather surprising he could try and pass the above off as an answer worthy of the Assembly!
In the mean time, here are a couple of other people’s write-ups:
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Geoff on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Dave H on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- california on Boris Airport: Found The Proposals
- Andrew W1 on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Reverend Trevor on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Calamity Jane on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Stratford on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Max on Paparazzi Snaps Reveal Production New Bus For London Still Overweight
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV