I have no doubt there’ll be plenty more to be said about today’s Mayor’s Question Time – Boris’s first – but I just wanted to point out the one indisputable lie I’ve seen that he came out with during proceedings, as shown on BBC London today.
In some sort of context at least loosely related to the Sunday Mirror’s exposé of Boris’s red light-jumping on his bike, he said:
Anyone who takes the trouble to pursue me on my bicycle will discover that I’m a punctilious obeyer of traffic lights
Since that has clearly been shown to be false by the Mirror having done exactly that, I find it rather surprising he could try and pass the above off as an answer worthy of the Assembly!
In the mean time, here are a couple of other people’s write-ups:
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- Tim Thornton on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV