The Tory Troll points out this morning that Boris has broken another of his campaign promises.
Like all his carefully learned campaign lines, I lost count of the number of times I heard Boris assure us that "from day one" he would ensure that "every pound spent" by the GLA was put online for public inspection, as part of his new "transparent" administration.
There’s been negligible progress on this pledge so far. It took considerably more days than "one" for him to get around to publishing the salaries of his personally appointed, most senior staff, but now we find that a substantial number of "interim" staff will never have their pay publicised (see the last sentence of page 9 of this PDF).
That doesn’t sound much like ensuring that "every pound spent" is put online for public scrutiny, does it?
Naming no names, one of the fourteen advisers listed was among those I exposed as an astroturfer on the Stop Boris blog during the election campaign. I was looking forward to finding out just how well rewarded he would be for his complete failure at his job (his job being to pose as a member of the public and successfully conceal his true identity), but it looks like I shouldn’t have taken Boris’s promise of transparency at face value. Which rather makes me wonder quite which campaign promises I should take at face value.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- bed bug preparation services nyc on Today’s newspapers
- Londona729 on London Underground Ticket Offices Will Close, Despite The Mayor’s Denials
- Como ficar rico on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Londona79 on SLL/ELLX – Something You Need to Read
- mobile games on Today’s newspapers
- Bed Bug Exterminator New York on Bendy Bus Contract Costs In Full
- RicP on Bendy Bus Contract Costs In Full
- Q199 on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV