The Tory Troll points out this morning that Boris has broken another of his campaign promises.
Like all his carefully learned campaign lines, I lost count of the number of times I heard Boris assure us that "from day one" he would ensure that "every pound spent" by the GLA was put online for public inspection, as part of his new "transparent" administration.
There’s been negligible progress on this pledge so far. It took considerably more days than "one" for him to get around to publishing the salaries of his personally appointed, most senior staff, but now we find that a substantial number of "interim" staff will never have their pay publicised (see the last sentence of page 9 of this PDF).
That doesn’t sound much like ensuring that "every pound spent" is put online for public scrutiny, does it?
Naming no names, one of the fourteen advisers listed was among those I exposed as an astroturfer on the Stop Boris blog during the election campaign. I was looking forward to finding out just how well rewarded he would be for his complete failure at his job (his job being to pose as a member of the public and successfully conceal his true identity), but it looks like I shouldn’t have taken Boris’s promise of transparency at face value. Which rather makes me wonder quite which campaign promises I should take at face value.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- Tim Thornton on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV