The members of the London Assembly have called into question “the manner and nature” of the appointment of Boris’s advisers. The Business Management and Administration Committee, to whom the revealing finance report was originally delivered, have demanded answers to a series of questions including:
- The cost and length of appointment of each of the 15 ‘consultants’.
- The legality of the appointments of Boris’s permanent advisers.
- The precise responsibilities of the mayor’s permanently appointed advisers.
Chair of BMAC Darren Johnson said:
“The Mayor’s manifesto promised to ‘end the culture of cronyism at City Hall’ by introducing more professional, transparent government. But one month into his administration, both clarity and transparency are sadly lacking when it comes to information about the appointment of people the Mayor is entrusting with significant responsibility for running London. We are determined to lift the fog of confusion surrounding the appointment of the Mayor’s closest advisers.”
Considering the confusion following Boris’s victory, one could be could be forgiven for thinking that somebody in the ‘transition team’ wasn’t pulling their weight.
A tip of the hat to the excellent Dave Hill.
More proof (if more were needed) of an ex-far left cabal.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- cod ghost prestige hack on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Cycle Hire Use Is Falling | Londonist on Is Barclays Cycle Hire In Trouble?
- prank apps on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Biedronka gazetka alkohole on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Boris by numbers | The Musings of a Red Dalek on Venezuela Cash Watch 1/9/08
- http://the-light-fantastic.info/ on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- ジーパン ファッション on Oyster On South West Trains In Jeopardy
- minilanet.bloggplatsen.se on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV