From this afternoon’s LBC 97.3 programme, during a discussion about their common enemy, the right-wing press, between Ken Livingstone and his guest, Alistair Campbell:
Ken: It’s quite interesting at the moment, since Boris Johnson became Mayor, there’s been a real flurry of blogs, on the internet, and in actual fact, they’re doing a much better job of scrutinising what he’s doing than the newspapers are.
Ali: Ah, you see, the newspapers have got a vested interest in not giving Boris a hard time, because they gave him such an easy ride in getting him there.
Of course, not all the blogs waited until after he was elected to scrutinise him Nice to know we (and others) are doing our job, anyway.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- Tim Thornton on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV