From this afternoon’s LBC 97.3 programme, during a discussion about their common enemy, the right-wing press, between Ken Livingstone and his guest, Alistair Campbell:
Ken: It’s quite interesting at the moment, since Boris Johnson became Mayor, there’s been a real flurry of blogs, on the internet, and in actual fact, they’re doing a much better job of scrutinising what he’s doing than the newspapers are.
Ali: Ah, you see, the newspapers have got a vested interest in not giving Boris a hard time, because they gave him such an easy ride in getting him there.
Of course, not all the blogs waited until after he was elected to scrutinise him Nice to know we (and others) are doing our job, anyway.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- masturbation sextoy on Freewheel back-pedalling?
- screen print shirt on Starved Of Culture? Hard Luck, Hillingdon
- Andy on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Steve on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Daniel on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- James on New Cabbed Tube For London
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV