From this afternoon’s LBC 97.3 programme, during a discussion about their common enemy, the right-wing press, between Ken Livingstone and his guest, Alistair Campbell:
Ken: It’s quite interesting at the moment, since Boris Johnson became Mayor, there’s been a real flurry of blogs, on the internet, and in actual fact, they’re doing a much better job of scrutinising what he’s doing than the newspapers are.
Ali: Ah, you see, the newspapers have got a vested interest in not giving Boris a hard time, because they gave him such an easy ride in getting him there.
Of course, not all the blogs waited until after he was elected to scrutinise him Nice to know we (and others) are doing our job, anyway.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Dave H on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- california on Boris Airport: Found The Proposals
- Andrew W1 on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Reverend Trevor on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Calamity Jane on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Stratford on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Max on Paparazzi Snaps Reveal Production New Bus For London Still Overweight
- ASLEF shrugged on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV