As I predicted after the May elections, RMT leader Bob Crow is directly challenging Boris. More than 700 cleaners employed by four sub-contractors are striking, demanding that hourly rates are raising £5.50 to £7.20.
The TfL claim that they “have already reassured all interested parties, notably the trade unions, that we are taking this commitment forward,” but Crow insists that the strikes are necessary.
“London mayor Boris Johnson has stated that all temporary and contracted GLA staff should be paid at least the living wage as the contracts come up for renewal and Tubelines has indicated that it would be willing to enter negotiations on the issues. However, three cleaning companies with contracts with Metronet are currently in talks with TfL right now and paying the London living wage isn’t even on the agenda.”
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Jonna on Hybrid Fuel Consumption – At Last The Truth?
- Del on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV