As I predicted after the May elections, RMT leader Bob Crow is directly challenging Boris. More than 700 cleaners employed by four sub-contractors are striking, demanding that hourly rates are raising £5.50 to £7.20.
The TfL claim that they “have already reassured all interested parties, notably the trade unions, that we are taking this commitment forward,” but Crow insists that the strikes are necessary.
“London mayor Boris Johnson has stated that all temporary and contracted GLA staff should be paid at least the living wage as the contracts come up for renewal and Tubelines has indicated that it would be willing to enter negotiations on the issues. However, three cleaning companies with contracts with Metronet are currently in talks with TfL right now and paying the London living wage isn’t even on the agenda.”
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Fred Schwein on Lies About The Replacement Of The Bendy Bus From Team Boris
- kcibr.org on News Round-up
- Malcolm Redfellow on TfL Admit New Routemaster Has Zero Export Potential
- Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book? | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Which London Borough Is Swindon In? | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- dictionary.basabali.org on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- supplements muskelaufbau on News Round-up
- abnehmen muskelaufbau on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV