A police team has been established specifically to combat knife crime in London. The force is comprised of 75 officers, who will “build on the co-ordinated activity already being carried out under borough-wide Blunt 2 operations and will work in the areas of London worst affected by knife crime“. The GLA press release links to a piece that boasts of 1,214 arrests after 26,777 searches.
In the article, however, Boris speaks of “Ray Lewis…leading a huge drive to get kids off the streets and into activities which raise their aspirations and help turn their lives around“. As he stresses the importance of “addressing the symptoms and the root causes of crime and violence“, Boris should be clear on the changes that will be made following Lewis’s departure, and shouldn’t merely wield the might of the Met.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV