Reactions to the resignation of Ray Lewis have been swift. The tireless Dave Hill gives fine summations in the Guardian, the Standard provides a reaction from Mary Massey and the Telegraph, the Times and the BBC pitch in.
Elsewhere, Dave also writes on the Routemaster, Jenny Jones comments on the Western Extension and various characters debate the ‘just walk away’ advice in the Independent. Rod Liddle is still dwelling on the McGrath case and Sunny gives a fierce rebuttal. Boris, meanwhile, has announced plans to create ‘low-carbon zones’, which Building Design covers.
In the blogs, Mayor Watch muses on City Hall organisation and The Tory Troll gives an excellent post on Boris’s fumblings. Diamond Geezer writes on Underground adverts, and Pink News interviews Boris, who is “very much looking forward” to Pride.
Like Tom, I’m saddened by the Ray Lewis incident. Even disregarding his innocence or guilt, London faces a problem both in attacks and the fear of them, and Boris’s enthusiasm has been directly influenced by his Deputy Mayor for Young People. He may press on with his current plans or he may be forced to return, beleaguered, to the drawing board.
Enjoy your weekend.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Malcolm Redfellow on TfL Admit New Routemaster Has Zero Export Potential
- Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book? | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Which London Borough Is Swindon In? | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- dictionary.basabali.org on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- supplements muskelaufbau on News Round-up
- abnehmen muskelaufbau on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- muskelaufbau eiweiß on How Long Is A Routemaster?
- muskel training on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV