The Reverend Chris Newlands, chaplain to the Bishop of Chelmsford, said: "The Bishop of Barking did speak face to face with the Mayor at an event at Millwall football stadium on Whit Sunday. They spoke about Lewis then."
That’s pretty clear, and consistent with what a number of Church of England figures have been telling the press for several days. But wait! What’s this sentence, right at the end of the same article?
A spokesman for the mayor insisted that the Bishop of Barking did not talk to Mr Johnson about Mr Lewis eight weeks ago.
Oh dear. Either the established Church of our fair nation is lying, or a spokesman for the Conservative party’s most powerful elected politician is lying. The Daily Mail doesn’t suggest which is more likely – I assume its editorial head is still spinning, trying to work out which of those it supports more.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- deep sea turtle mouth on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Steve on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- windows activation key on Bonfire At TfL?
- seo training for beginners on Freewheel back-pedalling?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV