The Reverend Chris Newlands, chaplain to the Bishop of Chelmsford, said: "The Bishop of Barking did speak face to face with the Mayor at an event at Millwall football stadium on Whit Sunday. They spoke about Lewis then."
That’s pretty clear, and consistent with what a number of Church of England figures have been telling the press for several days. But wait! What’s this sentence, right at the end of the same article?
A spokesman for the mayor insisted that the Bishop of Barking did not talk to Mr Johnson about Mr Lewis eight weeks ago.
Oh dear. Either the established Church of our fair nation is lying, or a spokesman for the Conservative party’s most powerful elected politician is lying. The Daily Mail doesn’t suggest which is more likely – I assume its editorial head is still spinning, trying to work out which of those it supports more.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- terry smith on “The great Boris bus air-con cock-up” – The Evening Standard Picks Up The Story
- Harry on Boris Johnson Allegedly Assaulted On A Train
- Chris on Boris Johnson Allegedly Assaulted On A Train
- maureen insole on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV