This spoof item in the latest Private Eye is quite good.

"Mayor Scandal - Cameron claims 'I was misled'" article from Private Eye

I must try and fix my scanner at some point, so I don’t have to keep taking photos of things instead of scanning them.

9 Responses to Private Eye on ‘Mayor Scandal’

1. Helen says:

It’s at times like this I really miss Peter Cook, Bungling Boris would be an absolute godsend for him.

2. BritSwedeGuy says:

Has anyone checked that Boris Johnson ISN’T actually Peter Cook?

3. James says:

“Has anyone checked that Boris Johnson ISN’T actually Peter Cook?”
    Well, there are rumours from City Hall that ‘Boris’ has intitiated a plan for the finding of lovely ladies for Spotty Muldoon.

5. edgar the dolphin says:

“Has anyone checked that Boris Johnson ISN’T actually Peter Cook?”

yes because Boz is an ignorant buffoon whereas PC was never ignorant

“That is good but my impression overall is that Private Eye are being quite soft on Boris compared with their coverage of Ken.”

Indeed, they were very hard on Ken indeed, due possibly to Francis Wheen’s closeness to various Decent Left types, who hate Ken with a passion. Their columnist ‘Ratbiter’, who’s quite good when he steers clear of the subject of Islam, rather exemplifies this. However, Hislop’s past smackings of Boris and the instant descent into sleaze at City Hall aren’t likely to go unnoticed for long, or I’ll cancel my subscription. Not read the latest Eye, though, been away in Ireland.

“Their columnist ‘Ratbiter’, who’s quite good when he steers clear of the subject of Islam, rather exemplifies this.”
    I was under the impression that Ratbiter was Nick Cohen. I’ve no idea where I picked up that dubious nugget of knowledge, but the columns certainly combine his interests and *coughs* humour.

Does Wor Nick attack the police quite as often as Ratbiter does (correctly, often)? I have to say I assumed it was a Cohen acolyte, but not the man himself.

9. Bob G says:

Whoever Ratbiter is, I’d bet the farm that he’s a yoo-know-hoo!

He/she gets VERY irate and Old-Testament whenever the tribe are mentioned!

Cohen’s not a bad bet.