News in from Nick Boles: Boris didn’t vet Ray Lewis because he didn’t have time. The Supreme Leader Delegator’s former chief of staff claimed:
Boris Johnson’s team failed to vet disgraced deputy mayor Ray Lewis thoroughly because they were focused more on campaigning than on making detailed preparations to run City Hall.
Because, with emphasis added:
The Evening Standard has learned that, according to an inquest into the fiasco being held by senior Conservatives, Nicholas Boles, the Mayor’s former chief of staff, is said to have told colleagues that Team Boris came under pressure from their chief elections strategist, Australian consultant Lynton Crosby, not to give too much time before 1 May to planning how City Hall would be governed.
Mr Crosby is said to have been worried-that Mr Johnson would look complacent if he was seen to be dishing out jobs to supporters before election day.
He also wanted the would-be mayor to concentrate on the election campaign against Ken Livingstone, which most observers thought was too close to call.
So, what might this say about Team Boris? That they weren’t prepared for any administration – because they were too concerned with party-political bitchery. That they weren’t prepared for any administration – because they couldn’t say no to Lynton Crosby. Or, just maybe, that they weren’t prepared for any administration because they didn’t think it’d ever happen anyway.
Nothing like an excuse, then.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- usługi detektywistyczne warszawa on Great Boris Lies #10 – ‘London Has More Michelin Starred Restaurants Than Paris’
- Helen on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Lynell on The Broken Society And Some Wobbling Allegiances
- Armand on Boris’s Bendy Policy – The Facts
- Steve on Paparazzi Snaps Reveal Production New Bus For London Still Overweight
- Geoff on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Dave H on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- california on Boris Airport: Found The Proposals
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV