Boris has given another of his sporadic rallying cries, this time in the form of a hearty promotion of bicycling:
“I’m challenging all Londoners who have bicycles languishing in the shed or garage to dig them out, dust off the cobwebs and reacquaint themselves with one of the most glorious ways of getting about. There are so many reasons to dust off your bike this summer – it’s a great way to get fit, it saves you money, and it’s good for the environment. “
This announcement precedes London Freewheel, a free event on the 21 September, in which 100,000 Londoners are expected to ride past the Tower of London, the Houses of Parliament, London Eye, Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace. Of this occasion, Boris has enthused:
“What could be nicer than feeling the wind on your face as you zip past some of London’s most famous landmarks, completely undisturbed by traffic.”
The event will cap the ‘Summer of Cycling’, into which the TfL have invested much of their £55 million annual bicycling budget.
Boris won’t, however, be giving safety advice.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Jonna on Hybrid Fuel Consumption – At Last The Truth?
- Del on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV