My son’s just been teaching me some do-gooding, inclusive, liberal, minority interest appeasing sign language he learned at nursery. The rhyme he chose to teach me was, of course, Baa Baa Black Sheep.
Sometimes you can’t make it up.
Shock of the week in the blogging world has to be the sudden closure of the superb London Connections, pretty much the best site for transport issues in London around, and apparently the work of one man, who’s now decided to move on. Obviously that’s up to him, but it does mean there’s a [...]
Oh dear. Not many ways to spin this one, I’m afraid, although he tries hard:
London Mayor Boris Johnson has reneged on a pre-election promise that only hotels and restaurants paying a ‘London living wage’ would be promoted by Visit London ahead of the 2012 Olympics.
Open and shut case – he promised it, [...]
From the BTP’s ‘L Area’ Policing Plan* (London Underground/DLR):
Perception of safety and security
While passenger perceptions of safety while traveling on the Underground and DLR are high, we strive to always increase this through highly visible Neighbourhood policing.
To improve passenger perception of safety and security over 2007-08 levels:
They’re going to hold me to account for … whether the Tubes feel safer again … In those circumstances, I think it’s only right that there should be a considerable measure of democratic control and accountability for the police chief.
Boris, old chap,
If you want to use tube safety as a stick to beat [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?” | Boris Watch on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh… | Boris Watch on The New Routemaster – Still Unable To Cope With London Summers
- “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?” | Boris Watch on “Those Problems Are Fixed” – New Bus For London Still A Sweatbox
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV