Rosie Boycott – who runs an organic farm in Somerset and “writes regularly about the importance of food in improving health” – has promised a “radical rethink” in order to challenge “aspects of our current food system which are damaging our environment through wasteful practices and producing poor quality food“.
Some of the ideas ‘bursting’ from her are a little odd:
“I want to advocate the use of allotments and growing our own food…We can lean on councils to release more land and kids on Asbos could be put to work on them.”
- To receive an ASBO is to receive a civil order, not to have the entirety of your rights yanked from beneath you.
- I’m not entirely sure where councils are going to find these mysterious expanses of wasteland. They find it difficult to hold on to playing fields as it is.
Still, she is “absolutely thrilled” so we shall wait until her plans come into fruitition (or are announced but, y’know, ‘fruitition’ interposed in a post vaguely concerned with growing food…yeah…I’ll get me cyanide).
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- Tim Thornton on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV