Emma Jacobs in the FT:
“Boris Johnson may be well-versed in Latin – he dropped a bit of Virgil’s Aeneid into his first mayor’s Question Time. He may be well-versed in Shakespeare – he cited Romeo and Juliet to the Commons home affairs select committee. “We need to deglamorise knife crime,” he said. “This is not the death of Mercutio taking place on the streets of London.” But, from his interview this week with the FT, the mayor’s knowledge of science seems lacking. “London is meant to be the Petri dish into which Tory central office is introducing the bacillus of their policies,” he said. Likening your party’s policies to bacteria is an odd strategy. After all, one type of bacillus causes anthrax. Perhaps he meant “friendly bacteria” like the ones on the telly? It’s a timely reminder in the week that the CBI spoke of the need to strengthen science teaching that even those with a first-class education may need to do more than read the back of a Yakult bottle to learn their Petri dishes from their penicillin.”
Incidentally, tonight, for anyone who misses Boris’s diversions into entertainment, the man himself will be scrutinising his past as the focus of an episode of Who Do You Think You Are?
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- deep sea turtle mouth on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Steve on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- windows activation key on Bonfire At TfL?
- seo training for beginners on Freewheel back-pedalling?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV