So, who’s looking forward to the Olympic Party?

Well, nuts to you all. Who couldn’t be excited by this:

“David Beckham is to star in a spectacular handover ceremony when Beijing passes the Olympic flag to London on Sunday.”

“Beckham, 33, will be driven into the Bird’s Nest stadium on a red double decker bus watched by millions around the world. ”

He will then kick footballs to children representing every Olympic nation. The former England captain was a crucial member of the London bid team who travelled to Singapore in 2005 to help the capital clinch the 2012 Games.”

Beckham, admittedly, is an internationally renowned figure. As is Jimmy Page, who will also be on the bus. Not sure how Leona Lewis came to be there, though. Maybe she won a competition or something.

6 Responses to The Olympic *Ahem* Partay

1. Tory Troll says:

“Who couldn’t be excited by this”

Well Kate Hoey for one

Principled stand…Ken Livingstone…umm…Routemaster…

3. John says:

I’d more wonder what Page is doing there than Lewis who is a Londoner, young, mixed race, an excellent live performer and incredibly successful across the world at the moment – almost the identikit performer the 2012 organising team would have been looking for when trying to put forward an image of a multi-cultural, youthful city.

Did they find Page covered in cobwebs in a cupboard at City Hall?

Well, I’d give my opinion of Led Zeppelin, but the buyers of over 300 million albums might drum the rhythm of When The Levee Breaks against my skull for all eternity.
    Still, you give a fine argument, John. Just so long as she and Page don’t perform a rockin’ rendition of God Save The Queen, anyway.

5. Helen says:

Maybe Boris is hoping Jimmy’ll bring some groupies with him?

I find I’m several hundred miles away that weekend, shame.

Maybe Boris is hoping Jimmy’ll bring some groupies with him?
    Heh, I term those jokes Woody Allen’s. Funny but low.
    I find I’m several hundred miles away that weekend, shame.
    Aren’t we all? It’s in China.