Speaking on tonight’s Any Questions?, on which Ken Livingstone was also a guest, Sir Simon Milton, Boris’s knife-wielding Deputy Mayor for Policy and Planning, said without the slightest equivocation that Boris has said he will continue with half-price bus fares for Londoners on income support.
Unfortunately no-one challenged this statement, but given that Income Support claimants have not been able to register for the scheme since last week, it does rather seem to be at odds with the current reality.
Hopefully someone will raise this at the next Mayor’s Question Time, by when there will have been a full month of Income Support claimants no longer being able to register.
Perhaps some of those affected by this move will take their complaints from the comments of MayorWatch® to their elected Assembly Members by way of a timely reminder that this needs raising with him…?
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Leonida on So, Farewell Then, Ian ‘One Jag’ Clement
- deep sea turtle mouth on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Steve on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- windows activation key on Bonfire At TfL?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV