Speaking on tonight’s Any Questions?, on which Ken Livingstone was also a guest, Sir Simon Milton, Boris’s knife-wielding Deputy Mayor for Policy and Planning, said without the slightest equivocation that Boris has said he will continue with half-price bus fares for Londoners on income support.
Unfortunately no-one challenged this statement, but given that Income Support claimants have not been able to register for the scheme since last week, it does rather seem to be at odds with the current reality.
Hopefully someone will raise this at the next Mayor’s Question Time, by when there will have been a full month of Income Support claimants no longer being able to register.
Perhaps some of those affected by this move will take their complaints from the comments of MayorWatch® to their elected Assembly Members by way of a timely reminder that this needs raising with him…?
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Armand on Boris’s Bendy Policy – The Facts
- Steve on Paparazzi Snaps Reveal Production New Bus For London Still Overweight
- Geoff on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Dave H on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- california on Boris Airport: Found The Proposals
- Andrew W1 on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Reverend Trevor on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Calamity Jane on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV