The Labour Councillors of Barnet alerted me earlier to the brewing storm over Brian Coleman’s comments on the British Olympians being “tainted with the blood of Tibetans” and leaving “their consciences at passport control”, mentioned earlier by a fellow Boris Watcher.
They sent me a scanned copy of the article, which you can see in full by clicking on the small copy below.
It’s certainly strong stuff, and Boris has been quick to distance himself from it, although as votedforken points out, there’s not a great deal of distance being put between them, as Coleman still remains in post as chair of the fire authority. Presumably Boris can’t afford another high-profile sacking, but can he afford to have someone attacking the Olympics so vehemently staying as one of his appointments?
Oh, and here’s one other quote from the article, for the record:
If the 2012 Games come in at the current budget of £9.3billion I will happily walk naked down Ballards Lane.
That’s quite a threat: I hope LOCOG will bear it in mind and adopt their new expensive video screen to push up costs and save us all from that terrifying sight.
Mind you, I don’t think he’d really go through with that threat – it’s so extraordinarily unlikely. Naked? Yes, that might happen. But walk? Never.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- bit.Ly on Great Boris Lies #8 – Air Quality
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV