The Labour Councillors of Barnet alerted me earlier to the brewing storm over Brian Coleman’s comments on the British Olympians being “tainted with the blood of Tibetans” and leaving “their consciences at passport control”, mentioned earlier by a fellow Boris Watcher.
They sent me a scanned copy of the article, which you can see in full by clicking on the small copy below.
It’s certainly strong stuff, and Boris has been quick to distance himself from it, although as votedforken points out, there’s not a great deal of distance being put between them, as Coleman still remains in post as chair of the fire authority. Presumably Boris can’t afford another high-profile sacking, but can he afford to have someone attacking the Olympics so vehemently staying as one of his appointments?
Oh, and here’s one other quote from the article, for the record:
If the 2012 Games come in at the current budget of £9.3billion I will happily walk naked down Ballards Lane.
That’s quite a threat: I hope LOCOG will bear it in mind and adopt their new expensive video screen to push up costs and save us all from that terrifying sight.
Mind you, I don’t think he’d really go through with that threat – it’s so extraordinarily unlikely. Naked? Yes, that might happen. But walk? Never.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- Tim Thornton on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV