The Labour Councillors of Barnet alerted me earlier to the brewing storm over Brian Coleman’s comments on the British Olympians being “tainted with the blood of Tibetans” and leaving “their consciences at passport control”, mentioned earlier by a fellow Boris Watcher.
They sent me a scanned copy of the article, which you can see in full by clicking on the small copy below.
It’s certainly strong stuff, and Boris has been quick to distance himself from it, although as votedforken points out, there’s not a great deal of distance being put between them, as Coleman still remains in post as chair of the fire authority. Presumably Boris can’t afford another high-profile sacking, but can he afford to have someone attacking the Olympics so vehemently staying as one of his appointments?
Oh, and here’s one other quote from the article, for the record:
If the 2012 Games come in at the current budget of £9.3billion I will happily walk naked down Ballards Lane.
That’s quite a threat: I hope LOCOG will bear it in mind and adopt their new expensive video screen to push up costs and save us all from that terrifying sight.
Mind you, I don’t think he’d really go through with that threat – it’s so extraordinarily unlikely. Naked? Yes, that might happen. But walk? Never.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- dictionary.basabali.org on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- supplements muskelaufbau on News Round-up
- abnehmen muskelaufbau on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- muskelaufbau eiweiß on How Long Is A Routemaster?
- muskel training on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
- muskelwachstum on Deep Tube Programme Dead?
- muskelaufbau ohne geräte on Tall buildings : Towering Spin
- alimentazione per massa on Crossrail: Yes, It’s Bechtel
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV