Much thanks to Mark Lee in the comments earlier for drawing attention to this – I was going to reply there but it’s too big a story.
Basically the lovely Labour hit squad masquerading as London Travelwatch (you just *know* some Tory is going to accuse them of being political at some point in the [...]
The previous Chairman, Brian Cooke, having been defenstrated by the Transport Committee for Backing Boris (never a great thing in a supposedly independent consumer champion), a permanent replacement has been announced in Sharon Grant:
Ms Grant comes to the post with a strong consumer background. She has been Chair of the Commission for [...]
Boris chaired his first TfL Board meeting today as its permanent chairman. The Tory Troll was there, and has an eyewitness report. Boris Watching in the raw, as it were:
And with once Chairman Tim Parker burning magazines in Australia, and with his Deputy Chair absent as well, it was down to Boris alone to [...]
Boris put in an appearance on today’s Daily Politics Conference Special this lunchtime on BBC Two, and I caught up with it earlier this evening.
It’s only when you see him subjected to questioning by a ‘proper’ Westminster journalist (Andrew Neil, in this case, who it’s unusual for me to profess any admiration for) that [...]
Regular readers will know that one of my favourite litmus tests of the Boris mayoralty is the East London Line Extension Phase 2. To recap – it’s vital, uncontroversial, the DfT, TfL, the LA Transport Committee, Labour, the Conservatives, the Lib Dems and the Greens all want it, it’s relatively cheap and follows on naturally [...]
Not watching Boris on stage – I can guess that it’ll be well delivered, witty, pointed, contain at least one anti-Livingstone joke for the faithful to choke themselves laughing on, and so on. This much is read – he is clearly the most popular as well as the most powerful Tory in the country, [...]
Delivering what he proclaimed as his ‘pay-off line’ during his brief appearance at the Conservative party conference in Birmingham a few minutes ago, Boris confirmed that the GLA’s share of Londoners’ Council Tax would be frozen for next year, as many had been expecting it to be.
He added that when people were feeling the [...]
As part of their conference reshuffle the Conservatives have granted Boris an additional five minutes. This is a wise decision, as, according to Conservative Home, he’s the most popular Tory with the grassroots.
It can’t be worse than the rest of these plagiarists, anyway.
Anthony Browne has written a piece for the Independent arguing that illegal immigrants residing in the UK should be granted amnesty. I’m certainly not going to argue with that, but I would be interested to know why – considering his long and consistent writings against immigration – he has changed his mind.
In 2003 [...]
“This is a [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Jonna on Hybrid Fuel Consumption – At Last The Truth?
- Del on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV