“Alexander Dennis, Britain’s largest bus maker, has deployed 80 development engineers to work on plans for a successor to London’s iconic Routemaster double decker bus.
The news emerged as Transport for London issued a reminder about London Mayor Boris Johnson’s competition to design a new bus for London, prompting speculation that the hoped for deluge of entries had failed to materialise. Organisations and individuals wishing to enter the contest have until Friday 19 September to submit an entry.
Colin Robertson, chief executive of Falkirk-based Alexander Dennis, said engineers were focusing efforts on creating a bus using a hybrid diesel/electric engine and low-energy drive technology that would allow a new-generation Routemaster to enter service in time for the 2012 Olympics.”
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV