“Alexander Dennis, Britain’s largest bus maker, has deployed 80 development engineers to work on plans for a successor to London’s iconic Routemaster double decker bus.
The news emerged as Transport for London issued a reminder about London Mayor Boris Johnson’s competition to design a new bus for London, prompting speculation that the hoped for deluge of entries had failed to materialise. Organisations and individuals wishing to enter the contest have until Friday 19 September to submit an entry.
Colin Robertson, chief executive of Falkirk-based Alexander Dennis, said engineers were focusing efforts on creating a bus using a hybrid diesel/electric engine and low-energy drive technology that would allow a new-generation Routemaster to enter service in time for the 2012 Olympics.”
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- Tim Thornton on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV