“Alexander Dennis, Britain’s largest bus maker, has deployed 80 development engineers to work on plans for a successor to London’s iconic Routemaster double decker bus.
The news emerged as Transport for London issued a reminder about London Mayor Boris Johnson’s competition to design a new bus for London, prompting speculation that the hoped for deluge of entries had failed to materialise. Organisations and individuals wishing to enter the contest have until Friday 19 September to submit an entry.
Colin Robertson, chief executive of Falkirk-based Alexander Dennis, said engineers were focusing efforts on creating a bus using a hybrid diesel/electric engine and low-energy drive technology that would allow a new-generation Routemaster to enter service in time for the 2012 Olympics.”
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Fred Schwein on Lies About The Replacement Of The Bendy Bus From Team Boris
- kcibr.org on News Round-up
- Malcolm Redfellow on TfL Admit New Routemaster Has Zero Export Potential
- Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book? | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Which London Borough Is Swindon In? | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- dictionary.basabali.org on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- supplements muskelaufbau on News Round-up
- abnehmen muskelaufbau on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV