Boris has announced cuts at City Hall, threatening to dispose of around 100 jobs in an effort to save £7.5 million by the end of 2009. This restructuring appears to be dependent upon the GLA becoming “more coherent, focused and [capable of delivering] better value“, and will include the freezing of vacanct positions as well as redundancies.
In order to achieve this, the GLA will be structured in four key areas Communities; Development & Environment; Finance & Operations; and Corporate Affairs. Boris has given the former the faintly sinister title of “Communities and Intelligence”, and has declared that it will have “a mission to strengthen communities, tackle deprivation and improve social mobility“.
He also claims to have already saved “£1m…from the restructuring of my office and £0.5m from stopping my predecessors plans for unnecessary growth“, and the Evening Standard has helpfully rounded this up to £2 million.
John Biggs has commented, with surprising restraint, that “this is nothing more than a wellspun re-launch of a failed mayoralty“.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Geoff on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Dave H on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- california on Boris Airport: Found The Proposals
- Andrew W1 on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Reverend Trevor on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Calamity Jane on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Stratford on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Max on Paparazzi Snaps Reveal Production New Bus For London Still Overweight
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV