Boris has announced cuts at City Hall, threatening to dispose of around 100 jobs in an effort to save £7.5 million by the end of 2009. This restructuring appears to be dependent upon the GLA becoming “more coherent, focused and [capable of delivering] better value“, and will include the freezing of vacanct positions as well as redundancies.
In order to achieve this, the GLA will be structured in four key areas Communities; Development & Environment; Finance & Operations; and Corporate Affairs. Boris has given the former the faintly sinister title of “Communities and Intelligence”, and has declared that it will have “a mission to strengthen communities, tackle deprivation and improve social mobility“.
He also claims to have already saved “£1m…from the restructuring of my office and £0.5m from stopping my predecessors plans for unnecessary growth“, and the Evening Standard has helpfully rounded this up to £2 million.
John Biggs has commented, with surprising restraint, that “this is nothing more than a wellspun re-launch of a failed mayoralty“.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- telecharger teamviewer on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- telecharger snapchat on Today’s newspapers
- google advertising professional on Freewheel back-pedalling?
- Kia on Project Approvals July 2010
- bed bug preparation services nyc on Today’s newspapers
- Londona729 on London Underground Ticket Offices Will Close, Despite The Mayor’s Denials
- Como ficar rico on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Londona79 on SLL/ELLX – Something You Need to Read
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV