At the time a “delighted” Brian Coleman declared that the promise “highlight[ed] a key difference between Boris Johnson and the previous Mayor“, but few developments have been forthcoming.
It’s possible that Boris has been influenced by Jenny Jones’s petition, which gained 3,500 signatories in June, as all we’ve had since is a vague promise to Motorcycle News that “further consultation must happen” and an ambiguous TfL notice stating that it is a “key issue being considered“.
As this was an important issue for voters, Boris should make his current feelings plain. Otherwise, we shall have to assume that this was just another pre-election snipe at Ken.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- bit.Ly on Great Boris Lies #8 – Air Quality
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV