Boris, in response to a question regarding the curtailment of street prostitution…
“In April 2009 I intend to publish my draft Violence Against Women Strategy which will include issues around prostitution.“
Now, let’s remind ourselves of Boris’s little encounter with the Commons…
“Labour’s Margaret Moran says Boris was committed to increasing the number of rape crisis centres in his campaign. So why is he reducing the budget for domestic violence?
Boris says that that is not his policy.
Moran say she understands he has “reduced, downgraded” the GLA’s domestic violence strategy.
Boris, again, refuses to accept this. Malthouse intervenes to help him out.
He says the domestic violence strategy will be incorporated into a broader “violence against women” strategy. So they are extending the commitment, not downgrading it.”
Waiting eleven months before publishing even a draft strategy is a pretty weird way of “extending the commitment“. It also seems to contradict the curiously informed anonymous commenter at The Tory Troll, who assured us that the strategy would take “a few months to put in place“.
Little has been seen of the rape crisis centres, either. Professional Fundraising made one inquiry back in August…
“A pre-election pledge by London Mayor Boris Johnson to commit £700,000 to three new rape crisis centres in London has yet to come to fruition, his press office admitted.
A spokeswoman said it was “still a priority” and was “being worked on” but nothing concrete could be announced yet.”
Will we have to wait until next April, or beyond, to see anything “concrete”?
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book? | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Which London Borough Is Swindon In? | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- dictionary.basabali.org on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- supplements muskelaufbau on News Round-up
- abnehmen muskelaufbau on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- muskelaufbau eiweiß on How Long Is A Routemaster?
- muskel training on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
- muskelwachstum on Deep Tube Programme Dead?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV