Much hilarity in these parts over Andrew Gilligan’s typically fact-free, misquoted and over-the-top attack in the Standard today, which it’s hard not to see as a desperate attempt to reinflate the bendy jihad after its implosion over the past two weeks. Just a few quick points in case anyone actually reads his articles any more and decided to come here as a result:
- the neocon/bendy jihad parallel isn’t my idea, it’s an excellent spot by the Yorkshire Ranter about a month back. Credit where credit’s due
- Mr. Gilligan knows full well who’s behind the Jihad, since he contributed to their pamphlet back in 2005, as we noticed months ago. Is he claiming that he didn’t notice Policy Exchange was deeply entwined with the right-wing propagandists and neocon bully boys via the likes of Dean Godson? No wonder he screwed up the biggest story of his career so badly back in 2003. Could have changed history for the better there, Andy. Hint: if you want to make a career in journalism, try establishing all the facts instead of just picking out the ones that suit the line you’re pushing. Then, if you’re lucky enough to get another big story, you might not screw it up quite as badly.
More later. I’ve offered the Yorkshire Ranter the right of reply here or at his own blog, since it’s really his story.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- terry smith on “The great Boris bus air-con cock-up” – The Evening Standard Picks Up The Story
- Harry on Boris Johnson Allegedly Assaulted On A Train
- Chris on Boris Johnson Allegedly Assaulted On A Train
- maureen insole on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV