Much hilarity in these parts over Andrew Gilligan’s typically fact-free, misquoted and over-the-top attack in the Standard today, which it’s hard not to see as a desperate attempt to reinflate the bendy jihad after its implosion over the past two weeks. Just a few quick points in case anyone actually reads his articles any more and decided to come here as a result:
- the neocon/bendy jihad parallel isn’t my idea, it’s an excellent spot by the Yorkshire Ranter about a month back. Credit where credit’s due
- Mr. Gilligan knows full well who’s behind the Jihad, since he contributed to their pamphlet back in 2005, as we noticed months ago. Is he claiming that he didn’t notice Policy Exchange was deeply entwined with the right-wing propagandists and neocon bully boys via the likes of Dean Godson? No wonder he screwed up the biggest story of his career so badly back in 2003. Could have changed history for the better there, Andy. Hint: if you want to make a career in journalism, try establishing all the facts instead of just picking out the ones that suit the line you’re pushing. Then, if you’re lucky enough to get another big story, you might not screw it up quite as badly.
More later. I’ve offered the Yorkshire Ranter the right of reply here or at his own blog, since it’s really his story.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV