Well, after all the hints and suggestions that a third way of adapting the congestion charge Western Extension Zone (perhaps by reducing the operating hours), Boris is scrapping the whole thing, from 2010. This, coupled with the cuts to TfL projects and the inability to find a measly £15m for the London Overground Clapham Junction extension, should put paid to any suggestion that Boris is interested in public transport (we’d already concluded that) but also proves that the green posing, Isobel Dedring notwithstanding, is just hogwash – the awful warning at the last TfL Board meeting of his absurd talk about the motor car being the great emancipator of women shows the reality behind the careful public spin – in a choice between the environment and the car, the car wins. If the people of Kensington want the freedom to guzzle gas, pollute the air and clog up the streets, they get it. If the people of Peckham want better public transport connections, they can get stuffed. Boris is a Tory, serving the interests of Tories. Who’d have guessed?
With the great timing of all these things, the TfL RSS feed is spamming me with more borough-specific change-a-few-words press releases, about the £168m in borough funding schemes. Funny how there’s more money for that, too.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- deep sea turtle mouth on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Steve on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- windows activation key on Bonfire At TfL?
- seo training for beginners on Freewheel back-pedalling?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV