There are a couple of amusing bits in the Job description…
6. To help promote the Mayor’s diversity policies.
9. To realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities, and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities.
When I first read 9, I imagined that it was some kind of admonishment – “realise the damn benefits, Anthony” – but that was too optimistic. Anthony “Political Correctness “makes believers feel that no dissent should be tolerated“” Browne is the official promoter of diversity in London. His teeth must be being grated to the nerves.
On the other hand, it is possible that Browne‘s changed his views. He might no longer feel that “the only thing we are licensed to be proud of is London’s internationalism“, he might have a more *ahem* nuanced argument about Muslims that “want to conquer the west“ and he might have lost his scepticism regarding ethnic diversity. I wouldn’t mind; in fact, I’d be rather pleased.
However, it would be nice to hear whether he has and, indeed, why. Not only because he’s been such a fierce critic of multiculturalism, but because it would be futile to have a Policy Director that disagrees with his own policies.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Steve on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- windows activation key on Bonfire At TfL?
- seo training for beginners on Freewheel back-pedalling?
- v on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV