Boris Johnson today faced calls to replace David Ross as his representative on the London Olympics organising committee after the multimillionaire businessman quit Carphone Warehouse following an admission that he had used a large slice of his personal holding in the company to guarantee personal loans.
Despite heavy coverage of the story, the Mayor has yet to issue a statement. This is rather embarrassing in itself, because, as Paul Waugh spotted, the tawdry Tory supporter has donated £140,000 to the Party in recent years.
So, does Boris simply fear another failed appointment, or could he be waiting for a call from on high?
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- masturbation sextoy on Freewheel back-pedalling?
- screen print shirt on Starved Of Culture? Hard Luck, Hillingdon
- Andy on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Steve on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Daniel on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- James on New Cabbed Tube For London
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV