We’ve previously covered Boris’s backtracking on his pre-election pledge to fund more Rape Crisis Centres. (As I may have said before, I find it interesting that David Cameron has also promised some more of these under a future Conservative government: where’s the joining of the dots in the national media? Why did no-one ask Cameron whether his promise would go the same way as Boris’s?)
It’s nice to know that while Boris can find the time to defend racism, he can’t find the time to fulfil an election pledge to rape victims – or, apparently, even to bother getting back to them about it in the past four months. As Jess concludes:
It’s a dire situation.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- chaudasse asiatique on Freewheel back-pedalling?
- masturbation sextoy on Freewheel back-pedalling?
- screen print shirt on Starved Of Culture? Hard Luck, Hillingdon
- Andy on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Steve on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Daniel on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV