The knives have been rather abruptly unsheathed at City Hall…
CITY Hall staff today told of a “climate of fear” as up to 120 positions were cut as a result of Boris Johnson‘s restructuring plans.
This chimes with the nervous sentiments expressed by Anthony Browne in an article for Canada’s Globe and Mail…
“We worry about how deep [the recession] will get,” Mr. Browne said. “We’re in a journey to the unknown.”
It’s difficult to see why this would come as a surprise, however, considering that the intention to slice was announced back in September.
The carvings are interesting, though. Back to the Standard…
One woman, who had been in the first meeting, said the environment team, London stakeholders team, which co-ordinated the response to the July bombings, and the equalities team had been told none of their jobs was safe.
She said the environment department would be “very slimmed down” and “the number of people monitoring climate change and air quality would be almost non-existent”.
Hmm, so much for…
We must not let the green agenda wither in the economic cold, not least since the environment represents a fantastic commercial opportunity.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- cod ghost prestige hack on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Cycle Hire Use Is Falling | Londonist on Is Barclays Cycle Hire In Trouble?
- prank apps on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Biedronka gazetka alkohole on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Boris by numbers | The Musings of a Red Dalek on Venezuela Cash Watch 1/9/08
- http://the-light-fantastic.info/ on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- ジーパン ファッション on Oyster On South West Trains In Jeopardy
- minilanet.bloggplatsen.se on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV