• Whenever we write an article pointing out how unpleasant Andrew ‘Sockpuppet’ Gilligan is, he smears us in the paper, usually accompanied by a mind-boggling degree of psychological projection
  • There’s no such thing as bad free publicity
  • Therefore Andrew ‘Sockpuppet’ Gilligan smells
  • [twiddles thumbs] [waits for next Gilligan article]

BTW if anyone wants to see how far they can push the Standard censors on that article, feel free.  I find they publish my comments minus anything that could even tangentially be read as an attack on the Evening Boris’s journalistic standards*.  Putting in ‘I bet you don’t publish this’ has worked occasionally.

* Which are lamentably poor, of course.  We need Pippa Crerar back ASAP.  You do know babies can look after themselves after a while, Pippa?

10 Responses to Andrew ‘Sockpuppet’ Gilligan Smells

1. Helen says:

Poo.

2. Peter N says:

… But isn’t the Evening Standard just a failed version of the Daily Mail? Surely it’s more productive to make evidence based factual criticisms of the current mayor than vague biased attacks, consistantly, on a man who no longer holds political power or has any influence in decision making.

(I posted this on the ES site but don’t suppose it’ll appear there.)

3. Peter N says:

number 2 should of read:

From the ES article…
    “On a dozen blogs, Ken and chums blame Boris for every crack in the pavement, accept no failings of their own, and rant endlessly about how the capital is Going To The Dogs. They remind me of a failed, Lefty version of the Daily Mail.”

The Daily Mail is a failed version of the Daily Mail, judging by its recently cut credit rating. The projection here is that Gilligan, a journalist’s journalist (in his own mind) is desperately worried about the state of the newspaper industry, since it’s unlikely anyone is going to offer him a job should the paper fold.

As ever, his own secret fears get slapped straight onto us without passing through anything that could be confused with a thinking man’s brain.

5. i would say any paper that gets sold for £1 is a failure to be honest

On the contrary, it’s about twice it’s value, so I reckon that’s a good deal.

7. Alex J Thomas says:

Does Gilligan keep an inflatable Boris doll under his bed for those feelings you just can’t express verbally? His tongue is so far up the Mayor’s jacksie it’s astonishing that he doesn’t lapse into unnecessary Latin every other sentence.

8. Alex J Thomas says:

Two redeeming features of the ES when I used to read it (a pub I used to work in had it delievered): Victor Lewis Smith’s TV reviews, and decent crosswords. The former are no more, and I don’t like crosswords *that* much.

Oddly enough I don’t think Gilligan’s feelings are reciprocated – Boris is an expert in getting other people to do his work for him, but I’m not sure the call’s ever come.

Hence the recent tone of ‘thank goodness Livingstone hasn’t come back but Boris needs to be even worse if he’s to make me happier’.

10. Alex says:

FRIENDS OF TRAGIC GILLI ASK: IS SAD DIVA CRACKING UP?