Following the GLA grilling of Sir Simon Milton and Martin Clarke (the GLA finance chief, inherited from the previous regime) on Martin ‘Mayorwatch’ Hoscik’s Twitter feed:
Milton says Chief of Staff is not his official role although the Mayor sometimes calls him it.
Milton says he signs off Mayoral decisions before the reach the [...]
It’s getting to be a habit, this re-announcing of existing policy as brand-new-Boris-manifesto-rah stuff, accompanying by drooling troglodytes in the Standard comments.
Today’s story is Boris visiting what the Standard describes as an ‘Oxford track’ to run an uneducated eye over the new ‘S-stock’ sub-surface Underground trains, due to start being delivered for the Metropolitan [...]
Usually, the adage goes, dodgy Labour politicians get done in by money and crap Tory ones by sex. Under Boris’s brave new not-sure-what-it-is-yet politics, the Tories have started trying to combine money and sex at the same time, and predictably failing. Ian Clement has gone, number three in the list of Deputy Mayors, [...]
Look, I know we’ve had our disagreements with Andrew – and it’s beyond the remit of the site – but, hey, he’s got a damn good article here on the Iranian…
It may not matter all that much: although some blogs are rather important, the vast majority are not.
In London, various blogs obsessively [...]
We’re currently in the middle of the Story Of London, a month-long “festival” intended to celebrate the city’s past, present and future. The GLA website promises hundreds of events taking place across London, so wherever you are in the capital, you’ll find an event near you. However, I’ve failed abysmally in finding [...]
More from our car-loving Thatcherite throwbacks at Hammersmith and Fulham – according to the local HammersmithToday website they’ve somehow managed to persuade TfL to stump up £2.5m to widen a road at the Hammersmith gyratory system, in order to speed up cars, along with a bit of traffic light rephasing thrown in and [...]
I will look to reduce the disruption caused by strikes on the Tube by negotiating a no-strike deal, in good faith, with the Tube unions.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV