From the BBC article about the Class 378 launch (which I suspect is rewritten from a press release):
Mayor of London Boris Johnson will unveil the first of the new £250m fleet in Willesden, west London.
Deputy Mayor of London, Kabir Das, said: “We want to increase capacity – and these brand new trains have been specially designed for our Overground in London.
Who? The phrase ‘specially designed’ in conjunction with the Class 378s is used in TfL documents, so I can only assume it’s a very distorted way of saying ‘Transport Advisor Kulveer Ranger’, who’s gone up to Willesden with Boris today. These Indians with their funny names, eh? It does show again, as Martin Hoscik percipiently pointed out last year, that throwing vanity titles around like confetti confused people as to the structure, roles and responsibilities of your organisation, but really, two minutes with Google can’t hurt, can it, guys? Tchah.
Oh, and note to tiresome trolls – this isn’t the BBC being biased or unethical, merely being crap at reporting on the website and indulging in churnalism, which is hardly unusual or unique to the BBC.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Andrew on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- gagner plus argent on DodgyVisasRUs – Boris’s Ex-Wife And Recently-Appointed Member Of City Hall’s Muslim Engagement Task Force Can “Pull Strings”
- Dave H on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Alexandra Jane Kirby on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on Roastmaster Round-Up – What A Difference A Year Makes. Oh…
- Anonymous on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- ASLEF shrugged on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- załóżblogazadarmo.pl on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV