From the BBC article about the Class 378 launch (which I suspect is rewritten from a press release):
Mayor of London Boris Johnson will unveil the first of the new £250m fleet in Willesden, west London.
Deputy Mayor of London, Kabir Das, said: “We want to increase capacity – and these brand new trains have been specially designed for our Overground in London.
Who? The phrase ‘specially designed’ in conjunction with the Class 378s is used in TfL documents, so I can only assume it’s a very distorted way of saying ‘Transport Advisor Kulveer Ranger’, who’s gone up to Willesden with Boris today. These Indians with their funny names, eh? It does show again, as Martin Hoscik percipiently pointed out last year, that throwing vanity titles around like confetti confused people as to the structure, roles and responsibilities of your organisation, but really, two minutes with Google can’t hurt, can it, guys? Tchah.
Oh, and note to tiresome trolls – this isn’t the BBC being biased or unethical, merely being crap at reporting on the website and indulging in churnalism, which is hardly unusual or unique to the BBC.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Del on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV