Naturally, when Boris’s people embargoed the staggering news that he’s appearing in Eastenders (we weren’t included in an embargo, being Beyond Civilisation in blog terms) we cynical sods wondered if he was burying anything. So far nothing’s come to light, but there are two things this week that might use a diversion. First off, the non-bendy 507 is due to start in five days time, yet LOTS News page records that:
At London General, none of the the standard Citaros for route 507 have yet arrived for the first conversion of a bendy-bus route, due from 25th July – but it is still hoped that they will come in time!
Well tell that to Christian Wolmar who lays into Boris. Perhaps he heard about Kulveer Ranger dissing him at State of London? Wrowwwl. Meanwhile, round here one of our nice new Enviro400s conked out with me on it on Saturday afternoon. Not impressed. It’s one way to reduce emissions, I suppose, not have a working engine.
All at sea with Kit Malthouse, remember the Sunday Times puff piece about the imminent Oakervee Report?
On Wednesday Oakervee will discuss his initial findings with a panel of experts at the Institution of Civil Engineers led by Sir David King, the government’s former chief scientist. He will submit his research to Johnson three weeks later.
Nothing’s come out about the discussion yet. We await the delivery of the research in two weeks, unless Boris is on Corrie that week.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- prank apps on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Biedronka gazetka alkohole on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Boris by numbers | The Musings of a Red Dalek on Venezuela Cash Watch 1/9/08
- http://the-light-fantastic.info/ on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- ジーパン ファッション on Oyster On South West Trains In Jeopardy
- minilanet.bloggplatsen.se on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- FreeBBC on So, Did Boris Flog Any Buses To The Chinese?
- Bumbling Boris Surveying Hong Kong Sparks Photoshop Battle | Hong Wrong Hong Kong Expat Blog on New Bus For Hong Kong? No, Thanks.
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV