I’ve been a bit remiss in posting various researches that have appeared on other forums, so I’m going to put them here in a big lump. First off, Red Arrow bus types and capacities over time:
Bus Seats Stands Total %sts %stnds stnds/sts ratio
MBS 25 48 73 34% 66% 1.92
N/nal2 28 46 74 38% 62% 1.64
CitaroG 49 100 149 33% 67% 2.04
MEC 21 76 97 22% 78% 3.62
[MEC is Boris's Cattle Truck as used now on the 507 and 521, of which a fairly balanced, informed discussion can be read here at londonbusroutes]
Bus passenger numbers over time, taken from the most recent TfL Annual Report :
Passenger numbers on buses per annum:
- 2002/3 – 1.534bn
- 2003/4 – 1.702bn
- 2004/5 – 1.793bn
- 2005/6 – 1.816bn
- 2006/7 – 1.880bn
- 2007/8 – 2.176bn
- 2008/9 – 2.247bn
Seats per hour calculations for the new and old 507 timetable:
- Old – 12 buses per hour, 49 seats per bus, 588 seats/hour
- New – 18 buses per hour, 21 seats per bus, 378 seats/hour
So the result is 64% of the previous seating capacity.
I now return you to our regular spam.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Harry on Boris Johnson Allegedly Assaulted On A Train
- Chris on Boris Johnson Allegedly Assaulted On A Train
- maureen insole on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV