More on this later, if I’ve got time, or Helen might if she can be persuaded to put down the baseball bat and rethink her plans to march on City Hall.
Notable things – public transport users get the ‘necessary pain’ angle fed to them, car drivers in the related CC announcement get ‘we’re making your journey smoother and easier’. Bye-bye ‘Red Boris’, hello uber-petrolhead pleasing the base, as we often suspected. Naturally this isn’t in any way, shape or form a strategic plan for the future any more than pandering to motorists ever has been, you fiddle with some traffic lights (assuming they don’t break all the time like the ones on the A4 near me), make it easier to drive, disincentivise people to use the bus/tube and amazingly you find there are more people driving the place is congested again. It’s like Groundhog Day. Welcome to 1978.
Anyway, a quick summary of my own personal basket of fares from last year’s post, with the total Boris Premium I have to pay for having an inadequate in charge of London’s transport planning:
- Bus fare to the High Road 90 -> 100 -> 120 33%
- Z1-Z2 peak 200 -> 220 -> 230 15%
- Z1-Z3 peak 250 -> 270 -> 270 8%
- Z1-Z2 offpeak 150 -> 160 -> 180 20%
- Z1-Z3 offpeak 200 -> 220 -> 240 20%
- Z4-Z3 tube + bus 190 -> 210 -> 250 32%
- Bus into town and back 180 -> 200 -> 240 33%
- Oyster cap Z1-Z4 540 -> 580 -> 630 17%
Well I’m obviously delighted to contribute to saving London from socialist excess. You reckon?
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- usługi detektywistyczne warszawa on Great Boris Lies #10 – ‘London Has More Michelin Starred Restaurants Than Paris’
- Helen on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Lynell on The Broken Society And Some Wobbling Allegiances
- Armand on Boris’s Bendy Policy – The Facts
- Steve on Paparazzi Snaps Reveal Production New Bus For London Still Overweight
- Geoff on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Dave H on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- california on Boris Airport: Found The Proposals
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV