One of the TfL savings trumpeted by the PR team when the fares went up the other week were massive savings from switching from Crapita, the existing Congestion Charge contractor, to IBM. This would, we were told, save a fortune. How’s it going?
The Register choosing there to illustrate the story with the Man at the Top, as is quite right – this is an executive Mayoralty, so even delegated decisions have to be answerable at the top democratic level. That’s the point. Anyway:
A TfL spokeswoman said: “We apologise to customers for any problems they are experiencing since the transfer of systems to our new contractor this weekend. There have been some issues with accessing the online Congestion Charging payment accounts this morning, which the contractor is working to resolve as soon as possible.
“Customers should be assured that we are making arrangements so that no one will be penalised as a result of any problems today.”
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- https://delicious.com on New Bus For London Involved In Collision
- Kevin Chin on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- D K on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV