London 2012 Cultural Olympiad? Few Londoners have heard of it, yet it’s been running since September 2008. What cultural treats, then, does the Mayor’s Advisor on Arts and Culture have in store for us? A presentation entitled London Culture In 2012, given to a conference organised by the London Civic Forum in June 2009, reveals the following:
- Big Dance in 2010 and 2012 – a biennial festival set up by Mayor Ken Livingstone in 2006.
- Story Of London and Rhythm Of London (“may take place again next year”) – two “festivals” from the new Mayoral administration which both suffered from abysmal publicity, lack of participation and, in the case of Rhythm Of London, last-minute cancellation of events. Covered on Boris Watch here, here, here and here.
- 2012 City Planning Group For Culture:
“…the 2012 City Planning Group for Culture has been established at the GLA, which will keep track of cultural activities and how they fit into wider strategic planning in London” – keeping track, not initiating.
It would appear that City Hall has not been given a major role in developing and presenting new arts initiative for the Cultural Olympiad. However, the very recent appointment of Ruth Mackenzie as Director of the Cultural Olympiad would seem to have been dogged by the same political interference by Johnson and Mirza as the still-to-be-filled post of Chair of Arts Council London.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- https://foursquare.com on New Bus For London Involved In Collision
- kinofilm stream on Now It’s 2019: Crossrail’s Stealth Delay
- Led Ekran on Cycle Hire Ridership Substantially Down After Price Hike
- خرید کریو on A Brief Guide To The Johnson Administration
- دانلود فیلم on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- دانلود فیلم on TfL Admit New Routemaster Has Zero Export Potential
- Manuela on South London Line Woes
- Kevin Chin on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV