Watching the webcast of the TfL Board meeting. We have a definite timetable for the New Bus project:
- 13/1/2010 – contract signed with Wrightbus
- 4/2010 – mockup (Boris is confused by this concept, but it’s presumably to test equipment placement in 3D)
- 12/2010 – engineering prototype (presumably moving?)
- 5/2011 – testing
- 12/2011 – delivery of first proper bus
- Spring 2012 – in service on ‘central routes’, apparently.
All very good, except that a sparrow reminds me of the Informed Sources Laws, in particular:
Third Law: ‘Always mistrust schedules based on the seasons’
I’d expect that one to slip, therefore. Boris expressed surprise at the Spring 2012 announcement, presumably being well aware that there’s a cut-off point during election campaigns that stops you scheduling PR-friendly deliveries during the campaign. At present the service entry of the New Bus is not going to be something Boris can shout about, which is clearly a worry for him.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Malcolm Redfellow on TfL Admit New Routemaster Has Zero Export Potential
- Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book? | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Which London Borough Is Swindon In? | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- dictionary.basabali.org on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- supplements muskelaufbau on News Round-up
- abnehmen muskelaufbau on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- muskelaufbau eiweiß on How Long Is A Routemaster?
- muskel training on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV