Watching the webcast of the TfL Board meeting. We have a definite timetable for the New Bus project:
- 13/1/2010 – contract signed with Wrightbus
- 4/2010 – mockup (Boris is confused by this concept, but it’s presumably to test equipment placement in 3D)
- 12/2010 – engineering prototype (presumably moving?)
- 5/2011 – testing
- 12/2011 – delivery of first proper bus
- Spring 2012 – in service on ‘central routes’, apparently.
All very good, except that a sparrow reminds me of the Informed Sources Laws, in particular:
Third Law: ‘Always mistrust schedules based on the seasons’
I’d expect that one to slip, therefore. Boris expressed surprise at the Spring 2012 announcement, presumably being well aware that there’s a cut-off point during election campaigns that stops you scheduling PR-friendly deliveries during the campaign. At present the service entry of the New Bus is not going to be something Boris can shout about, which is clearly a worry for him.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Daniel on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- James on New Cabbed Tube For London
- ASLEF shrugged on New Cabbed Tube For London
- terminator on So, Did Boris Flog Any Buses To The Chinese?
- ade on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV