Conversion is scheduled for 25th June 2011, which gives us the provisional contracted changes as follows:
- 18 – 13th November 2010 – 48 double deckers replacing 32 bendies (ratio 1.5:1)
- 149 – 23rd October 2010 – 35 double deckers replacing 27 bendies (ratio 1.29:1)
- 25 – 25th June 2011 – 59 double deckers replacing 43 bendies (ratio 1.37:1)
Since the only other double decker debendification (the 38) had a ratio of 1.53:1, so experience or possibly cost appears to be dictating lower capacity replacements on the later routes.
For the record, the calendar now looks like this:
Route Tender 5 5+ Old PVR New PVR Revised End Date
507 1-Jun-2002 1-Jun-2007 1-Jun-2009 9 15 25-Jul-2009
521 1-Jun-2002 1-Jun-2007 1-Jun-2009 19 32 29-Aug-2009
38 20-Jul-2002 20-Jul-2007 20-Jul-2009 47 72 16-Nov-2009
18 23-Aug-2003 23-Aug-2008 23-Aug-2010 32 48 13-Nov-2010
149 18-Oct-2003 18-Oct-2008 18-Oct-2010 27 35 23-Oct-2010
25 26-Jun-2004 26-Jun-2009 26-Jun-2011 44 59 25-Jun-2011
Subject to contract (dates and PVR provisional)
73 1-May-2004 1-May-2009 1-May-2011 43 66 1-May-2011
12 31-Jul-2004 31-Jul-2009 31-Jul-2011 31 47 31-Jul-2011
207 9-Apr-2005 9-Apr-2010 9-Apr-2012 26 40 31-Dec-2011
29 14-Jan-2006 14-Jan-2011 14-Jan-2013 29 44 31-Dec-2011
436 9-Feb-2008 9-Feb-2013 9-Feb-2015 26 40 31-Dec-2011
453 16-Feb-2008 16-Feb-2013 16-Feb-2015 23 35 31-Dec-2011
Making a sum total of 356 bendies replaced by 533 new diesel buses, of which 331 will have to be delivered in 2011 just as TfL find out what new Transport Secretary Phil ‘Slasher’ Hammond intends to do to their budget. Sweet timing, Boris. Sweat those assets.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on The Mayor’s Cycle Hire Scheme – Part V, Poor Value For Money
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV