At State Of London on Thursday last I asked Boris, in a slightly roundabout way, why spending £11.4m on five hybrid not-a-Routemasters in two years time was apparently better than spending £5m of Whitehall fiscal stimulus money on 50 off-the-shelf hybrids today. I got a non-answer as follows (thanks Helen for taking the time to [...]
From the report on roadworks mentioned in the previous post, we get some facts on what actually causes congestion on the roads:
3.1 London has around 20 per cent of the UK’s traffic congestion. This is estimated to cost the Capital’s economy at least £2 billion a year. In 2009/2010, TfL recorded the main causes of [...]
From the Evening Boris/Ken/Oona*
London‘s transport bosses have pledged to consign to history the “roadworks hell” that has plagued drivers this year with a radical package of measures.
Haven’t we been here before? From 2008:
Quite apart from the cynical opportunism inherent in UN-hating right wingers suddenly deciding UNESCO should have veto rights over democratic peaceful protest, there’s a major credibility problem at the heart of Boris Johnson’s case against the DemocracyVillage protesters, which is illustrated both by his spokeswoman’s comment:
“Parliament Square is a world heritage [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Jonna on Hybrid Fuel Consumption – At Last The Truth?
- Del on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV