At State Of London on Thursday last I asked Boris, in a slightly roundabout way, why spending £11.4m on five hybrid not-a-Routemasters in two years time was apparently better than spending £5m of Whitehall fiscal stimulus money on 50 off-the-shelf hybrids today. I got a non-answer as follows (thanks Helen for taking the time to [...]
From the report on roadworks mentioned in the previous post, we get some facts on what actually causes congestion on the roads:
3.1 London has around 20 per cent of the UK’s traffic congestion. This is estimated to cost the Capital’s economy at least £2 billion a year. In 2009/2010, TfL recorded the main causes of [...]
From the Evening Boris/Ken/Oona*
London‘s transport bosses have pledged to consign to history the “roadworks hell” that has plagued drivers this year with a radical package of measures.
Haven’t we been here before? From 2008:
Quite apart from the cynical opportunism inherent in UN-hating right wingers suddenly deciding UNESCO should have veto rights over democratic peaceful protest, there’s a major credibility problem at the heart of Boris Johnson’s case against the DemocracyVillage protesters, which is illustrated both by his spokeswoman’s comment:
“Parliament Square is a world heritage [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Cycle Hire Use Is Falling | Londonist on Is Barclays Cycle Hire In Trouble?
- prank apps on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Biedronka gazetka alkohole on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Boris by numbers | The Musings of a Red Dalek on Venezuela Cash Watch 1/9/08
- http://the-light-fantastic.info/ on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- ジーパン ファッション on Oyster On South West Trains In Jeopardy
- minilanet.bloggplatsen.se on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- FreeBBC on So, Did Boris Flog Any Buses To The Chinese?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV