Just a snippet that suggests that Boris’s PR-driven attempts to put clear blue water between himself and the multiple personality disorder currently masquerading as the country’s central government need keeping a close eye on:
Grassroots social activism took a further hit yesterday when it emerged that mayor of London Boris Johnson’s £4m incubator fund [...]
I also want to improve the Tube. In the short-term, we must look again at air-conditioning on the Tube. It is incredible that we can make mobile phones as small as credit cards yet still not work out a way [...]
Further to the poke we had yesterday at the Victoria Line, Ross Lydall in the Standard confirms what I suspected – the recent Victoria Line problems are traceable to the introduction of the new 2009TS tube stock, and faults on the new fleet are running, currently, 23 times higher than the old 1967 stock. [...]
Anyone else pissed off about the sheer amount of branding Barclays have purchased for their £5m a year? Is that really value for money? Someone else who’s exercised about it is Justin McGuirk, who’s excellent Guardian piece also includes this tribute to the Mayor’s liking for getting the rich to pay for his vanity [...]
The Government recognises that some households, particularly in very high cost areas, may have to move as a consequence of these measures. In London, some households may need to move from central London [...]
Quick scan through the July 13th TfL Finance Committee meeting (prop. Daniel Moylan, who props the whole place these days, it seems). The Project Approvals document is our usual check-in, to check on projects going down/up/in/out of TfL’s roadmap. What do we have here?
UIP8702 – Thameslink
Thameslink 2000 2012 whenever is not a [...]
Please excuse the title as, having grown up watching Bill & Ben on TV, I never learnt to speak proper like what Boris Johnson can. In his chickenfeed column this week, Johnson plugs a new publication which claims to explain the high levels of illiteracy in London. Is it a weighty tome by a [...]
Just a pointer to the much more locally attuned views of Darryl Chamberlain, who has been busy tearing a strip off TfL over the Blackwall Tunnel closures, having discovered an early morning flaw in the arrangements.
Also, the grassroots campaign is still going and still not in a great mood, by the looks [...]
They should be coming thick and fast – three are done (38/507/521), three are known about (18/149/25) and the seventh debendification, Route 12, has just been announced. Let’s update our chart:
Route Tender 5 5+ Old PVR New PVR Revised End Date Factor
507 1-Jun-2002 1-Jun-2007 1-Jun-2009 9 15 25-Jul-2009 1.67
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on The Mayor’s Cycle Hire Scheme – Part V, Poor Value For Money
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV