Last week, Boris Johnson visited the London Borough of Hounslow – ostensibly to promote the forthcoming Olympics at a local school and also open an art installation.
The Mayor and 2012 Olympics Chair Lord Coe first went to Chiswick Community School to publicise the Get Set scheme which saw the school allocated 158 free tickets for Olympics events. Johnson and Coe were accompanied by Brentford & Isleworth MP Mary Macleod and Assembly Member Tony Arbour – a rare trip to Hounslow for Arbour, I’ve only ever spotted him once before, campaigning against AV:
Lovely walk from Chiswick Community School to Strand on the Green with Boris – beautiful evening. Now in The Bell & Crown
Boris Johnson and a female Tory MP making a detour to the pub whilst he was on duty? One can only imagine what the media would have made of it had former Mayor Ken Livingstone decided to visit a public house with a female MP instead of proceeding to his next official appointment.
Maybe Boris and the fragrant Mary were just thirsty? No, Chiswick Tory activist Gabriella Giles then proceeded to inform us:
Boris and Mary eventually reached Watermans in Brentford where the Mayor’s Outer London Fund had paid for a temporary art installation. That’ll be the Outer London Fund which is being paid for partly by borrowing and is being used liberally to curry favour with the outer London boroughs in the months before purdah is imposed, several weeks before the London Mayoral election.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- deep sea turtle mouth on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Berkeley Homes and Boris Johnson’s £500 ceremonial trowel | 853 on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Steve on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Anonymous on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on “Which idiot in charge decided to buy buses with windows that don’t open?”
- Jim Blake on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- windows activation key on Bonfire At TfL?
- seo training for beginners on Freewheel back-pedalling?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV