Boris Johnson was a no-show on the BBC One TV show Sunday Politics today. Kit Malthouse appeared in his stead, claiming that the BBC had known since March that the Mayor would not be appearing, due to a long-standing engagement.
What was this “long-standing engagement” which prevented the Mayor from being questioned on [...]
City Hall incumbent, Boris Johnson, failed to attend this week’s London Mayoral hustings (organised by the Fawcett Society) at the London School of Economics; he evidently considered the Evening Boris Standard’s readers’ panel to be of far greater importance than a hustings entitled What About Women In London?
The sole female Conservative [...]
Conservative Boris Johnson is the only London Mayoral candidate committed to raising public transport fares by 2% above inflation for every year of the Mayor’s next four-year term.
Can you guess which London Mayoral candidate said the following during an ITV London Tonight debate between Brian Paddick, Ken Livingstone and Boris Johnson on [...]
Boris Johnson’s election team continues its bumbling adventures in social media by demonstrating the same utter incompetence with which it attempted to hijack the GLA’s @MayorOfLondon twitter account.
The Mayor’s team recently opened an account with Chinese microblogging site Sina Weibo but instead of making any attempt to interact or post anything of particular interest [...]
Lycamobile, a London-based telecommunications company which specialises in overseas mobile telephone calls, paid no corporation tax between 2008 and 2010 and is so late in filing its accounts that Companies House marked it to be struck off.
The company has donated a total of £176, 180 to the Conservative Party in the last [...]
Boris isn’t religious – we’ve always assumed this as a matter of basic fact, since there’s no room in the worldview of a man who thinks he should be Lord God Emperor Of Everything ™ for rivals. Indeed, if God appeared to point this out we strongly suspect he’d get smeared as a Leftie by [...]
Having detailed how the current Mayor abuses the loophole that excludes the GLA from the Statistics Act, and his reaction when asked to sign up voluntarily, I’ve decided to ask all seven Mayoral candidates whether they would sign up if elected:
In the light of public concern about rising crime, are you willing [...]
Last week Helen and I (and Boris’s biographer Sonia Purnell, who has a new ebook out about , and Martin Hoscik from Mayorwatch and about 1300 others) all trooped down to Marsham St. to see Boris, Jenny, Ken and Brian compered by the affable Clive Anderson, who I suspect would have got [...]
Johnson’s eldest daughter, Lara Johnson-Wheeler, (b 1993) attended Bedales, a public school in Hampshire (also attended by at least one other of her siblings) whose current [...]
A lie in several parts, this one:
“I imagine the cost of the development of that new bus will be borne by the industry, and as for the rolling out of the bus….we’re going to have rolling out of the buses, some prototype new buses on the streets…”
The cycle [...]
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
- Patrick Ainley on Which London Borough Is Swindon In?
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on The Mayor’s Cycle Hire Scheme – Part V, Poor Value For Money
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV