Boris Johnson has spawned numerous children – four with his wife Marina, at least one other rumoured child  with someone else’s partner and sometimes he even screws the boyfriend, too.

Johnson’s eldest daughter, Lara Johnson-Wheeler, (b 1993) attended Bedales, a public school in Hampshire (also attended by at least one other of her siblings) whose current termly fees are £7,850 for day pupils and  £9,985 for boarders.

Lara declared in an article for the Spectator (not many unknown teens write for the Spectator, but who’s the Daddy?) in September 2010 that she would be eschewing a gap year and going straight to university. Fair enough, except the Bedales A-level results for 2011 told another story:

Lara Johnson-Wheeler from London achieved an A* in English Literature, an A in Latin and a B in History; to take a gap year

Oxford requires grades of between AAA and A*A*A*. Still, nothing a word from Daddy probably couldn’t put right. Lara apparently has her eye on St Andrews, whose entrance requirements are slightly less stringent.

Whilst still at Bedales, Lara penned an article entitled Anguilla for the school’s geographical journal [PDF]:

In the August of 2009, I was treated to a luxury holiday in the Caribbean island of Anguilla.  On this holiday, I was lucky enough to experience a dizzyingly extravagant lifestyle in world-class resorts that offered an insight into the levels of tourism on the island. We ate fresh fruit and Bircher muesli for breakfast and enjoyed waterskiing and a professional photo shoot on the beach intended for newly-weds. Such holidays are only available to a nichemarket of customers, however we were fortunate enough to experience this complimentarily and were able to experience both the local lifestyle and the tourist market.

A free luxury holiday on a Caribbean tax haven island?  Who could possibly have provided such a generous gift to the Mayor of London’s family? I’m none the wiser, as Johnson has mysteriously omitted this beneficent endowment from the GLA register of gifts and hospitality.

9 Responses to Who Paid For Boris Johnson’s Family’s Luxury Holiday To Anguilla In August 2009?

1. Chris says:

I’m all for a spot of Boris criticism but maybe the kids are off-limits?

Somewhat boasty article though

2. roym says:

Bit of a reach this one isnt it?

3. Mike Hartley says:

Amazing how so many pro-Boris commentators pop up whenever his or Ken’s name is mentioned.

Equally interesting is how often the same kind of people that lob smears and blatant untruths at Ken have a dig at perfectly reasonable articles like this.

4. Appealing of Ealing says:

As usual: you’ve nothing to say, and you say it rather badly.

5. solar penguin says:

You can call me “Mr Sceptical” if you like, but my first thought is that the girl was probably just talking bullshit to impress her classmates. (Well, you know what teenagers can be like.) Is there any real evidence that it’s anything more than this?

6. Chris says:

Mike, I voted for Ken at the last two elections and have just sent off my proxy vote (I’m living in the US temporarily) so I can vote for him again in May. I’m not pro-Boris. But I generally think families are off limits when it comes to snarky electioneering.

7. Geronimo says:

Appealing of Ealing,

So you think giving the Mayor and his family a free holiday (whilst he’s in office) is perfectly above board and could provide no complications in later ‘favours’?

My, my, you have a lot to learn about politics – don’t you remember the expenses?

Still, sychophant does as sychophant does eh?

8. Geronimo says:

“I’m not pro-Boris. But I generally think families are off limits when it comes to snarky electioneering”

Even family members who PUT THEMSELVES IN THE SPOTLIGHT BY WRITING FOR THE SPECTATOR?

…did you forget that bit?

Typically the ‘outrage’ of some is vastly exaggerated.

It’s not like they went into her school and hounded her is it?

The problem is the ruling class like to involve their family in their ‘business’ – it’s how they maintain power throughout history – but now you’re saying any off-shoot is off limits?

Would you say the same about Sarah Palin and her daughter (who paraded herself on US version of strictly)?

…bet you wouldn’t.