Johnson’s eldest daughter, Lara Johnson-Wheeler, (b 1993) attended Bedales, a public school in Hampshire (also attended by at least one other of her siblings) whose current termly fees are £7,850 for day pupils and £9,985 for boarders.
Lara declared in an article for the Spectator (not many unknown teens write for the Spectator, but who’s the Daddy?) in September 2010 that she would be eschewing a gap year and going straight to university. Fair enough, except the Bedales A-level results for 2011 told another story:
Lara Johnson-Wheeler from London achieved an A* in English Literature, an A in Latin and a B in History; to take a gap year
Oxford requires grades of between AAA and A*A*A*. Still, nothing a word from Daddy probably couldn’t put right. Lara apparently has her eye on St Andrews, whose entrance requirements are slightly less stringent.
Whilst still at Bedales, Lara penned an article entitled Anguilla for the school’s geographical journal [PDF]:
In the August of 2009, I was treated to a luxury holiday in the Caribbean island of Anguilla. On this holiday, I was lucky enough to experience a dizzyingly extravagant lifestyle in world-class resorts that offered an insight into the levels of tourism on the island. We ate fresh fruit and Bircher muesli for breakfast and enjoyed waterskiing and a professional photo shoot on the beach intended for newly-weds. Such holidays are only available to a nichemarket of customers, however we were fortunate enough to experience this complimentarily and were able to experience both the local lifestyle and the tourist market.
A free luxury holiday on a Caribbean tax haven island? Who could possibly have provided such a generous gift to the Mayor of London’s family? I’m none the wiser, as Johnson has mysteriously omitted this beneficent endowment from the GLA register of gifts and hospitality.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Sharon on Here Comes Summer! Free Sauna With Every “New Routemaster” Trip
- James on Now Is The Time For All Good Men To Sod Off On A Book Tour
- Bitish rail fan on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- RTC on Off-Peak One Day Oyster Cap Withdrawn By Boris Johnson – Daily Oyster Fares Increased By Up To 38%
- Tim Thornton on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV