The Mayor of London is still refusing to sign up to the UK Statistics Authority’s Code of Practice on Official Statistics . Despite his then-Deputy Mayor for
Dangerous Dogs Policing condemning the use of context-free statistics a mere three months ago, every London borough’s MPS now has its own Twitter account to issue propaganda helpful information, including, as we see in the case of Barnet, crime statistics which directly contradict the latest statistics on the MPS website.
@MPSBarnet tweeted this morning:
Latest crime figures for
#MPSBarnet are Robbery down 16% Burglary down 21% Car Crime down 10% & Assault down 24%. Total crime down 9%
|12 months to April 12 (year)||12 months to April 11 (year)|
|Number of Offences||Barnet||Met Total||Barnet||Met Total|
|Violence Against the Person (Total)||4,130||152,758||4,459||164,868|
|Motor Vehicle Crime||4,557||98,891||3,837||100,144|
|Racist & Religious Hate Crime||221||8,224||230||8,727|
Aside from dodgy stats, the MPS Twitter accounts are also being used to plug the Met’s current meaningless catchphrase, Total War On Crime. The Total War On Crime would appear to have begun on 25 May, before which date we can only assume a partial war on crime.
Hello Lewisham thought I would try tweeting today to outline our commitment to a total war on crime – Chief Supt Burton Borough Commander
13 cars seized in Enfield yesterday during Operation Cubo, just one of the tactics being used in our total war on crime. JJBoroughCommander
Poor old @MPSMerton, though, would seem to be limited to just one day for their Total War On Crime:
Merton’s Total War on Crime Day has begun. Borough Commander in at 3.00am to brief teams & set out the plans for the day of action.
Featuring some Walmart-like staff exercises and bonding activities, no doubt. Have a nice day, now.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Malcolm Redfellow on TfL Admit New Routemaster Has Zero Export Potential
- Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book? | Boris Watch on London’s Part-Time Mayor Approves Water Cannon For The City Despite Not Having Read Police And Crime Commission Report
- Which London Borough Is Swindon In? | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- dictionary.basabali.org on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- supplements muskelaufbau on News Round-up
- abnehmen muskelaufbau on Great Boris Lies #16: Heathrow Airport Would Not Close If Boris Island Was Built
- muskelaufbau eiweiß on How Long Is A Routemaster?
- muskel training on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV