The Mayor of London is still refusing to sign up to the UK Statistics Authority’s Code of Practice on Official Statistics . Despite his then-Deputy Mayor for
Dangerous Dogs Policing condemning the use of context-free statistics a mere three months ago, every London borough’s MPS now has its own Twitter account to issue propaganda helpful information, including, as we see in the case of Barnet, crime statistics which directly contradict the latest statistics on the MPS website.
@MPSBarnet tweeted this morning:
Latest crime figures for
#MPSBarnet are Robbery down 16% Burglary down 21% Car Crime down 10% & Assault down 24%. Total crime down 9%
|12 months to April 12 (year)||12 months to April 11 (year)|
|Number of Offences||Barnet||Met Total||Barnet||Met Total|
|Violence Against the Person (Total)||4,130||152,758||4,459||164,868|
|Motor Vehicle Crime||4,557||98,891||3,837||100,144|
|Racist & Religious Hate Crime||221||8,224||230||8,727|
Aside from dodgy stats, the MPS Twitter accounts are also being used to plug the Met’s current meaningless catchphrase, Total War On Crime. The Total War On Crime would appear to have begun on 25 May, before which date we can only assume a partial war on crime.
Hello Lewisham thought I would try tweeting today to outline our commitment to a total war on crime – Chief Supt Burton Borough Commander
13 cars seized in Enfield yesterday during Operation Cubo, just one of the tactics being used in our total war on crime. JJBoroughCommander
Poor old @MPSMerton, though, would seem to be limited to just one day for their Total War On Crime:
Merton’s Total War on Crime Day has begun. Borough Commander in at 3.00am to brief teams & set out the plans for the day of action.
Featuring some Walmart-like staff exercises and bonding activities, no doubt. Have a nice day, now.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Cycle Hire Use Is Falling | Londonist on Is Barclays Cycle Hire In Trouble?
- prank apps on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Biedronka gazetka alkohole on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- Boris by numbers | The Musings of a Red Dalek on Venezuela Cash Watch 1/9/08
- http://the-light-fantastic.info/ on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- ジーパン ファッション on Oyster On South West Trains In Jeopardy
- minilanet.bloggplatsen.se on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- FreeBBC on So, Did Boris Flog Any Buses To The Chinese?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV