As various people have pointed out, there’s something very odd about the third photo on this page purporting to show the first test run on the new ELLX2 link from the South London Line to the East London Line. Basically there appears to be no power source for the train, when there should be a third live rail outside the running rails, despite which the lights are on. Most odd. Arguably since the project’s running pretty well after the Boris-instituted delay back in 2008 there shouldn’t be a need to make it up (Photoshopping has been suggested, the images look just that bit too good, apart from the missing juice rail), but perhaps PR flim-flam is a force of habit at TfL these days.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- jim tuite on The New Routemaster – What Transport For London Refuse To Admit
- john b on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Nick on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- Daniel on Silvertown Tunnel Consultation
- James on New Cabbed Tube For London
- ASLEF shrugged on New Cabbed Tube For London
- terminator on So, Did Boris Flog Any Buses To The Chinese?
- ade on Great Boris Lies #3 – Bendy Buses Kill Cyclists
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV