From the BBC website back in March:

Mr Johnson, who is standing for re-election in May, said if returned to office he would not buy new Tube trains with drivers’ cabs.

From the pages of Modern Railways, November 2012 issue:

Since the existing 95/96 design Tube stock on the Northern and Jubilee quite definitely has drivers’ cabs, is this the next in a long line of Boris election promises that he has no intention of keeping?

7 Responses to TfL Consider Ordering Tube Trains With Cabs – Another Boris Promise Gone?

1. Jim says:

Come on now, if Boris had recited nursey rhymes during his campaign he would have still have been elected.
    I hope the people who voted for him suffer and the ones that did’nt have my sympathy

2. Greg Tingey says:

Jim

As for the “driverlesss” trains fiasco, may I recommend:

THIS discussion!

“Boris was voted for with many people through gritted teeh (as I did) because Livingstone grovelled to a particular extremist religious faction.”

Funny, that didn’t put me off*. The inability to run a city, incompetence and lying rather puts me off Boris, though, but it all depends what you consider important when electing someone to run a city, set realistic policies and carry them out, really.

* Because it’s not true, thinking about it.

4. Jim says:

Yes I agree Tom.
    When voting I look at the overall picture.
    Greg must be very naive to think he will benefit from his decision and is “brave” to admit it in print

5. Greg Tingey says:

Oh dear
    THREE LIARS pretending to be me @ 00.19, 00.25 & 01.50, or more likely ths same moron posting three times?

This is childish & very stupid.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I refuse to vote for anyone who stands on a public political platform with someone who says that: a] “killing jewish children is ok”
    &
    b] “Women are inferior”
    And Ken did just that.

Whatever Boris’ many faults, he is not that bad.

As for driverless trains, we already have them, but for “crew-less” trains, forget it, & I re-recommend the post I linked, above.

6. WTF?? says:

Greg – so let me get this straight.

You voted based on what a newspaper ‘told you’ Ken said – rather than the actual policies of the candidates?

That makes you a moron – what a waste of a vote if we give it to morons like you.

7. Greg Tingey says:

Ken actually appeared on a platform with an islamicist, who was on record as saying what I repeated above.
    Islamicist policies are Nazi – they tick all the boxes.
    If you choose to associate with such, then you can forget my vote.
    My actual preference was for Paddick, but a vote for hiom would have let Ken in.
    No, I don’t like Boris, but …..