The Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction extension to the London Overground opened on 9 December last. Hurrah, I hear you say, that’ll speed up my journey.
The not-very-popular Talk London section of the Mayor’s website describes it thus:
The completion of tracks between Surrey Quays and Clapham Junction has created a new outer london orbital rail route, which opened on Sunday 9 December.
Yes. Thanks, Ken.
This has been referred to as the ‘M25 of rail’ and opens up new connections for many
I suppose you could say that, if a trip around the entire M25 involved changing vehicles twice. It’s necessary to change at both Clapham Junction and Highbury & Islington to complete a circuit.
- allowing, for example, a journey from Dalston junction to Clapham junction in just 3 minutes.
Three minutes from Dalston Junction to Clapham Junction? Dalston Junction to Clapham Junction is 15 stops, meaning it’s only 12 seconds between stops. Amazing.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Boris Johnson’s highly-educated minions can’t tell the difference between actual journey time and a speeded-up film from the BBC.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Busacca on Boris’s Transport Manifesto Promises – How’s He Doing?
- mystery pick up artist on Freewheel back-pedalling?
- social media Hitchin on Is It A Plane? Is It A Train? Right First Time.
- Cassi Kantz on Return To Parliament Square
- Noe on West London Free School and the Curse of Boris
- RTC on Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Plummeting Cable Car Riders – The Nightmare Continues
- Boris Johnson Continues To Squander Transport For London’s Budget On His Fantasy Estuary Airport | Boris Watch on Great Boris Lies #6 – ‘At No Cost To The Taxpayer’
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV