Spot the difference:
The more recent photo was used in a People Of Freedom party election leaflet which was sent to Italian expatriates living in London. According to Italian newspaper La Stampa, the Mayor of London is furious that his image has been used without permission and he does not endorse any of the candidates. The People Of Freedom (Il Popolo della Libertà) party is, of course, the party founded by Silvio “Bunga Bunga” Berlusconi. Quite why Boris Johnson might want to suddenly distance himself when he’s evidently been more than happy to publicly support the party’s Europe Overseas candidates is anybody’s guess.
As Guglielmo Picchi says on his Facebook page:
Do you think that he would have agreed to having the same picture shot twice with the same people 4 years apart and exactly during his campaign and ours had he not wished to support us? His campaign director and staff can confirm the reciprocal use of the photo for electoral purposes. We used it in 2008 and again in 2013 in our parliamentary elections.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- Geoff on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Dave H on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- california on Boris Airport: Found The Proposals
- Andrew W1 on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Reverend Trevor on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Calamity Jane on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Stratford on NB4L Means Capacity Cuts On The 24
- Max on Paparazzi Snaps Reveal Production New Bus For London Still Overweight
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV