John Griffin, Chair of minicab firm Addison Lee, is not happy with the Mayor of London.
During a London air pollution conference today, held at University College London, Griffin made plain that he thinks the Mayor is wasting his time with half-hearted promotion of electric vehicles.
Griffin, a Clean Air Ambassador for Change London, said:
I sponsor the Mayor…I have never been inside his office. A cup of tea and a bun would be nice!
Addison Lee donated £250,000 in cash and over £4,000-worth of minicab journeys to the Conservatives between December 2008 and September 2011.
With reference to the lung capacity of London’s children being permanently reduced by high levels of PM10 in the capital’s polluted air, Griffin claimed that London’s black taxi cabs were responsible for 38% of all air pollution in the city but his minicabs were 44% less polluting. Griffin stated that as the Mayor awarded 15-year licences to black taxis but 10-year licences to Addison Lee, he was more concerned with cabbies who might not vote for him rather than reducing emissions.
Boris Johnson wrote to him to promote electric vehicles but Griffin responded:
Please don’t insult my intelligence, talking about electric cars!
Griffin then proclaimed that Addison Lee would never have electric vehicles in our lifetimes – or ever.
We’re not going to be fobbed off by a Mayor who, just because he can’t find a solution, has dreamt his own up. While we’re looking at something that’s not going to happen, things are not going to get any better.
The Mayor needs bombarding – he is not taking this seriously. People are dying, this is serious – children are dying.
Get rid of him and sling him in the Thames!
If only large donations from those with vested interests could guarantee results….
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- undac.net on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- B tech entrance on Fisking The Chiswick-Kensington Urban Motorway
- Simon Atkinson on Great Boris Lies #15: English Ski Instructors Forbidden On The Slopes Of The French Alps
- work from home on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- gta online money glitch on Photography Corner: Andrew Gilligan and Lee Jasper *UPDATED*
- eteries stoiximaton on Neo-Victorian Age Update – We Apologise For The Late Running Signalling
- Elmtree on 20mph Trial On Blackfriars Bridge
- Elmtree on Vintage Bus Parade For London Commuters
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV