Thanks to Simon Harris of ITV for taking and tweeting this picture:
We can now confirm the maths in the previous post and say that contrary to what Boris and TfL have been saying for years they’ve just spunked £212m on a 600 buses which carry 9% fewer passengers than a regular off the shelf hybrid, which is also 25% cheaper.
We still don’t know the fuel consumption because TfL won’t tell us. The ICO will be contacted later about TfL’s refusal to answer simple FoI requests.
For comparison, here’s the stats for the the original long Routemaster (RML) against the ‘best bus in the world’ (as Boris put it):
- RML: 7874kg – 72 seats – 5 standing
- NB4L: 12460kg – 62 seats – 18 standing
So the NB4L achieves the magnificent feat of weighing 58% more despite having fewer seats.
Contact usSend us an e-mail at staff [at] boriswatch.co.uk
- sumir adodra consultant on SSL Resignalling Contract Canned – Manure/Fan Interface Enabled
- terry smith on “The great Boris bus air-con cock-up” – The Evening Standard Picks Up The Story
- Harry on Boris Johnson Allegedly Assaulted On A Train
- Chris on Boris Johnson Allegedly Assaulted On A Train
- maureen insole on Sir Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London: “It’s not a political issue……”
- Patrick Ainley on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Jim on Fancy Paying For The Privilege Of Watching London’s Part-Time Mayor Publicise His New Book?
- Mayor Johnson's air quality claims are worthless while he's planning new roads, Silvertown Tunnel campaigners say | No to Silvertown Tunnel on More LBC Transcripts – East London River Crossings?
Tagsagendas BBC BBC London bendy Boris Airport borisport broken promises budget bus buses crime culture cycling earnings environment Gilligan grasp of detail humour incompetence jobs Johnson Administration Ken Livingstone lies Mayor's Question Time olympics police Policy Exchange Press questions Rape Ray Lewis resignation RMT Routemaster salaries Speeches spin strike Stuff On Nonsense team TfL transparency transport tube TV